Saturday, November 9, 2013

Living and Loving the Single Life

It's almost been a year since I officially became single. For the last year of the relationship I felt like I was single but we were technically still together. There was a disconnect there however, I knew it was ending. I didn't want it to end though because I didn't know what I would do. I hadn't been single for almost 6 years. 
How do you 'be' single? 
What does it entail? 
What do you do by yourself?

These are questions that I asked myself right after it happened. When I felt like my whole world just crumpled up and threw itself in the dumpster. I had to start over and I had to redefine myself.

I've learned so many things about myself over this past year. What I like and what I don't like. What I'll stand for and what I won't stand for. I've been on quite a few dates but nothing has really worked out. I know what I want out of a relationship and I know that for me, if the first date doesn't go well, it's probably not going to work out.

Over the past few months though, I've come to realize that I like being single. Yes, I said it. I like being single. I don't have to impress anyone, I don't have to shave my legs if I don't want to, and if I want to just come home and veg out, I can. I don't have to please anyone but me.

I was recently ask what goals I have in my life and I honestly couldn't answer the question. I've reached all my goals that I've had so far. I finished school, I have a great job, I paid off my car, and I live on my own. I am happy and content. I am still working on my weight loss and my mental health but I know those are always going to be ongoing.

I feel that now I've come to this realization, there's a burden that's been lifted off of me. I don't WANT to be in a relationship right now. I don't NEED to be in a relationship right now. I know God will lead me to the right man but I just need to be patient and live my life right now. I found this quote on Pinterest and I absolutely love it.


After reading this and agreeing with everything it said, I knew that I am at a place in my life where I am okay with being single. For now, I'm good just living my mid-twenties to the fullest and loving the single life.

No comments:

Post a Comment