Sunday, June 24, 2012

One Day at a Time

Okay, so I'm going to try this again. Originally I started this blog back in 2009 but I never kept up with it. Mostly because I got to busy and totally forgot about it. This time, I'm going to use it for more that just my thoughts. I want to use it for showing the delicious dinners I make and the things I do to my apartment. I also want to show the transformation I'll be going through with my weight loss.

If you've missed the past couple years of my life, here's what's been happening:

  • I graduated from CSUSB in June 2010 and then started working there full time in September that same year.
  • I started my Master's program last September at University of Redlands. I'm half way through and I will have my Master's in Higher Education. No, it is not for teaching. It is for administration.
  • I finally moved out of the desert to San Bernardino and I am living on my own with my two cats.
  • Ryan and I are still together. We just celebrated 5 1/2 years. We broke up for about a week but let's face it; we are made for each other.
  • Lastly and probably the biggest news is the fact that I am currently waiting on approval from my insurance to have gastric bypass surgery. This decision was not easy for me. After struggling to lose weight for over a year and multiple sprains, I talked to my doctor about my options. I've gone though all of the pre-testing and I am just waiting to see what the insurance says. This is something that I was not sure I wanted to put out into general knowledge, but with the support that I've been getting and the fact that if it is approved, I'm going to shrink super fast, I might as well say something now.
That's it for now. I have reading to do for class anyway. But I will leave you with a picture of my babies.
 This is MJ (Munchie Jr.) and Sadie Bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment