Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Adventure Onward! 2 Months

2 Months = 8 Weeks = 60 Days = 1,460 Hours = 87,658 Minuets

November 21st (tomorrow) marks my two month post-op date. To be honest, it really doesn't seem like it's been two months. With everything that has gone on, it feels more like 6 months but without the benefit of more food.

On the bright side, I've lost 44 pounds. Not as much as I thought I would have lost at this point but apparently my body is stubborn and wants to hold onto the fat. Silly body. Your resistance is futile.

This month will also bring my first major food holiday since my surgery. I feel prepared. I already know I won't have any starches so rolls, stuffing, and mashed potatoes are out. My mom said we're having turkey instead of ham so I will be drowning that bird in gravy because turkey also tastes dry to me. I will also be having green bean casserole (my favorite), olives, and sweet pickles. Overall, I think I'll be just fine. I have my measuring cups at the ready and there's always left overs. I do not know what I'm going to do about dessert. I've never been a big sweets person but I love Pumpkin pie. So maybe like 1/2 of a tiny piece?

In other news, Ryan and I will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary next month. We've been together longer than most of my friends who are married have been with their spouses. And that's including dating time. I think I've finally gotten to a point where I'm okay with not being married yet. I mean, we're both in school and I'm the only one with a full time job. The only one with any job really. There is no possible way that we would be able to manage a household on one income with both of us in school full time. I can barely manage my household.

Getting away from my point, 6 years!! We had some bumps at the beginning of the year but I think we've really grown this year. We've worked on a lot of things. Mostly things that I really had to work on myself but we are doing a lot better. Not perfect, but relationships never are. Needless to say I'm extremely happy and so in love.

Ryan has always been there for me. Not matter what has been going on, I can count on him when I need him. I mean, he drove from Riverside to Victorville when I had to put Elvis down. I mean, who else would do that?? He's also been my main support through this who recovery. During the week that we has here after my surgery, he slept on the couch so that I could be comfortable in the bed. He's also been extremely patient with my healing process and makes sure that I'm eating what I'm supposed to and that I get enough exercise in.

I just cannot even begin to imagine where I would be without him and I can't wait to see where the next year takes us.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment