Sunday, November 4, 2012

Adventure Onward! Week 6

40 pounds! That's right, I've lost 40 pounds so far. Going into week 6 of this journey I'm feeling pretty well. I can eat actual food and for the first time in 2 months, my refrigerator has food in it.

I haven't been at this point for long though. For the past week and half I've been seriously sick. At first it was just dealing with regularity issues but then one of my lovely students decided to bring a flu bug into my office. As if I didn't have enough to deal with, I caught the stupid bug.

I was sooo sick. Everything the stomach flu is was amplified since my stomach is so tiny. I had 2 Urgent Care visits within one week for dehydration. I still have the bruises to prove it. The only thing I could keep down was decaffeinated Green Tea. No joke.

I also missed almost an entire week of work. Which with no sick or vacation time, means my paycheck is going to be very small. I'm thankful that I'm getting one but it's going to take some awesome budgeting on my part in order to stretch things to the next one.

But, I am better now and the sickness is behind me. Now I can get my focus back onto work, school, and my nutrition.

In other news, I went to the Apple Valley Sundevil Classic last night. If you don't know what that is, it's a big Marching Band Competition back up in the desert. I am such a band geek. A friend of mine from band came and we sat there and critiqued all of the bands. Amberly, David, and the bug showed up too. A great time was had by all. 

The exciting thing that happened though was I was able to talk with my old band director from high school as his band was competing there. So after talking to him, he's going to give me a call this week so that I come help out at the competitions his band is hosting over the next two weekends. Talk about excited!! I'm going to be able to sit up in the box with the judges and see all the shows. 10 bands the first weekend and up to 50 bands the second weekend for championships!!

I know this isn't much of an update but when you're sick for almost 2 weeks, there's not much to tell. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment